Big news from the PC platform. Announced at E3 2011, Minecraft is not only going to be hitting mobile platforms.. it will also be available on the xBox 360! Minecraft on the xBox 360 will be epic! We are looking forward to Minecraft’s release on the 360! I imagine playing Minecraft with xbox kinect would be pretty sweet!
The folks over at minecraftmiddleearth.com have started the largest Minecraft project! Planning on re-creating the entire Middle Earth. Head over to their website to join the team and get blocking. The video below shows some of their current progress in minecraft.
For those of you who missed it, Minecraft beta 1.6.6 was released on May 31st. It featuers the changes below.
+ Added a new use for bonemeal
* Changed the material of glowstone from “glass” to “stone”. This means you need a pickaxe to get resources from it
* Made glowstone drop more loot
* Made the recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks smaller (2×2 instead of 3×3)
* Re-introduced unlimited FPS, renamed the option again
* Fixed beds not working very well at all in SMP
* Fixed destroying a boat spawning the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground
* Boats float up to the surface quicker
* Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum very fast
* Removed Herobrine
I just found this incredible timelapse video from Firedragon04 building the City of Arches. The whole build took about 2 weeks. It’s amazing what people can do with Minecraft, with enough time anything is possible! More minecraft videos will be posted soon.
The video below was release by Sony Ericsson and is a teaser video showing the new Xperia running Minecraft! Minecraft is one of 10 games being exclusively optimized for the Sony based phone. What are you waiting for? Go play some Minecraft.
Minecraft on Xperia PLAY